In addition to getting your team ready for registration here is a check list of SOME things to do at the beginning of the season:
- A team checking account should be opened. This can be opened as a personal account DBA your team name. Be sure to record all checks before depositing them. You may wish to make photocopies. You may use the bank of your choice.
- You may want to set up an account on SombreroPay.com. This will provide you a very easy method for sending parents invoices on-line, collecting payment on-line and keeping track of all outstanding dues, etc. You may also use other tools to collect fees on line by using PayPal, Intuit, Square or other tool of your choice. The club has no preference.
- Team communications: Set up a team account TeamSnap, Group Text, Rainedout.com or some other tool. This will provide you a vehicle to send text message updates to your team parents/players. Your parents/players would just need to enter their cell numbers into your account.
- Training sessions: There will be a process communicated for scheduling your training sessions.
- No play dates. GCSA/OSA will email Team Managers the option of selecting no-play dates during the season. Please have your calendar worked out with the coach so that you can enter your no-play dates to avoid reschedules.
- Set a budget based on expected expenses for the year and then begin collecting dues in August based on your budget divided by the number of players. A sample budget template is attached in this module if needed.
- Referee payments. League referee fees are a team expense and should be included in your team budget.
- Schedule a team meeting and review the year calendar, plans, etc. so everyone is aware of the expectations and plans for the year.
- Review the Manager Tool Box and ensure all Players and Parents review their expectations which can be found on this site. There are also helpful links located on this site. Please review the OSA sites for league rules, policies and procedures.